Our Speaking Club Lessons provide a chance for learners to practice speaking and listening in English. The lessons focus on using English in the types of situations one might encounter in everyday life. Students commonly engage in question and answer activities that involve expressing opinions, giving reasons in arguments, and discussing current events and cultural issues.
● Who is the most famous scientist from your country? What did he/she do?
● In what ways has science most advanced society?
● In what ways has science had a negative impact on society?
● What do you think about evolution and other theories of natural selection?
● How will genetic engineering affect human evolution into the future?
● Describe the advantages and disadvantages of biotechnology.
● What natural disasters occur in your country? Explain why they happen.
● Do you think it’s ethical for scientists to clone animals? What about human organs?
● In your opinion, what’s the greatest medical advancement of the past century? Why?
● Do you think there is life on other planets? If so, how close is it and what does it look like?
● How have you personally benefited from developments in modern medicine?
● What do you think will be the greatest medical breakthrough in the next ten years?
● What scientist do you respect the most and why?
● In your opinion what has been the most important scientific discovery ever? Why?
● How would society be different if scientists hadn’t discovered and developed electricity?
● When do you think scientists will develop a cure for AIDS?
● What are the responsibilities of a father to his family?
● What are the responsibilities of a mother to her family?
● Are fathers capable of carrying out the duties of a mother and vice versa?
● Should boys and girls be treated differently by their parents?
● Are there different expectations for sons and daughters?
● What jobs are deemed as appropriate for men but inappropriate for women?
● Are men and women equal in ability and intelligence?
● What things can either men or women do that the other cannot do and why?
● Can men wear women’s clothing or can women wear men’s clothing? Why or why not?
● Is it OK for men to cry?
● Is it possible for women to join the army in your country?
● Are there more male or female managers and executives? Why do you think this is?
● Can a man and a woman be only friends?
● Who do you think has life easier, girls or guys? Why?
● What do you think is interesting about your own culture?
● What is the best thing your culture has given to the world?
● When people from other countries think about your culture, what do they usually think of?
● What do you like least about your culture?
● What does it mean to be polite in your culture?
● What is considered rude in your culture?
● In your culture is it polite to be straightforward and direct when you talk to someone?
● What has surprised you when you’ve met people from other countries?
● How do young people in your culture behave differently from older people?
● Are there people of different cultures in your country? Are you friends with any of them?
● Have you ever felt confused by the actions of someone from another culture? If so, tell me about it.
● Who in your culture do you admire most?
● What in your culture are you most proud about?
● If you could change one thing about your culture, what would it be?
● Would you ever consider marrying or dating someone from another culture?
● Would you ever consider living permanently in a country other than your home country? Why or why not?
● If a group of people just came to your country from overseas, what advice would you give them?
● What culture besides your own do you admire? Why?
● Have you ever seen a celebrity in person? What did you do?
● Which celebrity would you like to meet? What would you do if you could spend a day with this person?
● Do you think famous people have the right to have a private life?
● Do you think it’s moral to sell your private life to the media?
● Why do you think there is such a high demand for gossip magazines and gossip TV programs?
● What are the pros and cons of being a celebrity?
● Did you have any heroes when you were a teenager?
● If you could influence people like a celebrity does, how would you use it for the benefit of the planet?
● Which celebrity do you most admire and why ?
● Would you like to be famous ? Why or why not ?
● Do you think there is a relationship between beauty and celebrity ?
● Would you like to be a celebrity? Why would you be famous?
● If you were a celebrity, would you take advantage of it to date some fans?
● Should celebrities be role models?
● Do you think that some celebrities earn much more money than they deserve?
● How often do you use the internet?
● How can the internet help you learn English? Do you take advantage of this?
● Do you think our lives have been improved by the Internet?
● What problems does the Internet create? What problems does it solve?
● Do you have any ideas or ambitions to start an Internet company?
● Do men and women use the internet for different purposes?
● Do you think the Internet favours men or women?
● What are some of the ways the Internet can be used for education?
● What are some of the ways the Internet can be used for entertainment?
● Is there too much sex on the Internet?
● Is it dangerous to meet people on the Internet?
● Would you like to go on a date with someone you meet on the Internet?
● Do you think governments have the right to censor the Internet?
● Do you think that the Internet is safe for children? Why?
● Can you believe all the information that is published on the Internet?
● Do you think that working at home using the Internet is good or bad?
● Do you think that meeting people is easier than meeting people face to face?
● Do you think that the Internet will replace Libraries?
● Do you think that Internet usage is an anti-social activity?
● E-commerce (buying and selling things on the Internet) has become very popular. Give a reason for this?
● Is it better to buy online or to go to a shop? Why?
● Why is it very important not to give out personal information on the Internet?
● Do you think the Internet is making people more impatient?
● How has the Internet changed society?
● Can you tell us about your first date?
● Is the first impression important?
● Would you dress up for a first date? What clothes would you wear?
● Is it important to give your partner a present? What for example?
● What kind of place do you think is the ideal for a first date? Why do you think so?
● What things would you talk about on your first date?
● Would you share the bill? Or is it the man’s role? Why?
● Is there such a thing as a perfect relationship for you?
● If you could go out with anyone, who would it be?
● If you are a man, and a woman asks you for a date, do you feel you should pay, or that the woman should pay?
● What characteristics do you look for in a girlfriend or boyfriend?
● When should you introduce your boyfriend/girlfriend to your parents?
● Have you heard of any successful relationships through internet dating?
○ Would you consider trying it yourself?
How it works
BUY A LESSON PACKAGE
Register & Login
BOOK YOUR LESSON
From Lesson Package in Enrolments
Join Zoom Meeting
From Lesson Package in Enrolments
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
What you need
Headset and camera
For better sound quality, you should use a plug-in microphone and headphones.
A good internet connection
A fast internet connection is important for good sound and video quality.