Our General English Lessons are taught using a dynamic, student-centred approach to learn English. In every 55-minute lesson, your native English teachers will focus on encouraging you to use the vocabulary you already know and may have forgotten, teaching you new vocabulary and expressions, and correcting your grammar. By listening to a native English speaker, you will naturally follow their pronunciation and intonation, quickly stop translating in your head and start speaking English with fluency.
Our Business English Lessons can enable you to acquire relevant industry-specific vocabulary and terminology. Every 55-minute lesson aims to improve your Business English language capabilities by expanding your knowledge of occupational vocabulary & grammar and raising your awareness of different commercial communication methods.
Our English For Kids Lessons are designed for students aged 6-13. Our kids method of learning English is based on the natural progression of language acquisition. A series of simple questions and answers teaches children how to understand and readily employ prepared chunks of language and grammatical structures. The pace and dynamics of the method make children understand the language in context. Systematic revision and visual aids reinforce the material. All this is accompanied by engaging and motivating games that prevent boredom and help memorise the material.
Our Tailored English Lessons are designed to suit the individual’s needs. Every 55-minute Zoom lesson focusses on improving the student’s speaking, listening and reading skills in relation to specific learning material provided by the student.
The Crown Academy Method is based on a carefully constructed system of revision. New words and grammar are taught using language you have already learned. You immediately practise the new material, listening to questions, saying the answers and getting immediate correction for any mistakes. Vocabulary and grammar are then systematically revised, reappearing in different contexts as you progress through different levels of your course.
The method focusses on:
Speed: the lessons are taught at a natural speed. There is no time to think and translate into your own language. This quickly improves your confidence and speaking skills.
Correction: you will listen and speak for most of the lesson and all your mistakes will instantly be corrected by your teacher.
Repetition: the lessons are taught through constant repetition and revision of grammatically correct sentences.
Constant systematic correction of your mistakes, greatly improves your pronunciation and confidence when speaking. The teacher corrects all your mistakes the moment you make them by imitating (copying) your mistake and then saying the correct pronunciation/form of the word. For example, if you say “He come from Poland”, the teacher quickly says “not come – comes”. This correction by imitation helps you to hear the difference between your mistake and the proper form. You should immediately repeat the correct word and continue with your sentence. You learn a lot from this correction of your mistakes, and constant correction results in fast progress.
Why study with this method?
- Different from many other teaching methods because the emphasis is on revision. The material you learn in one lesson is repeated in the following lessons so that you won’t forget it. Through constant practice and revision, you improve your pronunciation and fluency at the same time.
- Carefully designed so that you practice the most important words and grammar first. Even if you are a beginner, you will soon be able to hold a conversation in English. As you progress through the levels, we introduce more complex vocabulary and grammar.
- Improve your speaking and listening skills, and become a more confident communicator. The lessons are taught completely in English, which teaches you to think and speak in English without pausing to translate.
- The teacher speaks quickly, and you will learn to understand English as it is spoken naturally. Because of the speed of the lessons, you won’t have any time to think in your own language or worry about using the correct grammar. Instead, you learn to speak as a reflex, like you did when learning your own language as a child.
- The teacher corrects every mistake you make as soon as you make it. The teacher corrects by imitation, repeating your error, then giving the correct version for you to repeat. You will learn from this correction and make rapid progress.
How it works
BUY A LESSON PACKAGE
Register & Login
BOOK YOUR LESSON
From Lesson Package in Enrolments
Join Zoom Meeting
From Lesson Package in Enrolments