What is it?
The International English Language Testing System, or IELTS, is an exam that measures the language proficiency of those who want to live and work in countries where English is the everyday language.
The IELTS exam consists of four parts: Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. These are very important as students will encounter all these aspects of language in their day-to-day lives.
Why take this exam?
It’s an essential qualification to have for living in English speaking countries, but also for studying at international universities where English is the language of instruction.
Here are five good tips for taking the IELTS exam:
1. Spend time with other English speaking people, and practice as much as possible! Here at Crown Academy, our English courses are perfect for helping you improve your confidence and proficiency in speaking.
2. Read newspapers and listen to the radio.
3. Do timed mock exams to make sure you know how to complete the exam in time.
4. Take time to prepare your speaking and writing answers.
5. Practice all types of questions you will get. This will help you avoid unpleasant surprises!
Thank you for reading this blog! As always, please do consider taking a Free Trial Lesson, or join our Speaking Club lessons here at Crown Academy. Have a great day!
Did you like reading our blog? Share and comment below.